Saturday, February 14, 2009

Three Quarters Home...







Well, good news and not so good news....

Good news is that Seth, Lily, and Logan came home on Thursday. Carter, however, has to stay at Creighton Med Center for awhile. He was doing really well, but last Tuesday he bradied twice, which means that his heart rate slowed down. He does this when he is experiencing reflux. The tough part is that these two times he also held his breath and turned blue. The doctors decided to start him on previcid for the reflux, and that seems to be working for him. While his heart rate might slow, his weigh gain certainly hasn't! He now weighs 5 and a half pounds!!! I couldn't be happier about that.

While it broke my heart to leave Carter, we are so happy to have the other babies home. Grandpa John and Grandma Mary (Kevin's folks) came down to help us home. I guess I had accumulated a LOT of crap at my brother's house in Council Bluffs.... Anyway, the trip home went off without any crying babies, but when we walked in the door there was a mad rush for bottles! Those kids were hungry!!

Grandma Deb (Jessica's mom) came Thursay and will stay until Wednesday. At first I thought I'd want the first night home to just be Kevin and I with the kids, but BOY was I glad to have mom there!! The babies did what they do: eat, wet, poop, and sleep. Kevin and I didn't get much sleep, but we are getting better at mini-napping. :)

There are a few pics I'd like to share....one is Dr. Barsoom with the quads just before we left. He took care of me and the babies, and delivered them. It was his first time delivering quads, but he had taken care of another quad mom prior to delivery. The other is a picture of our favorite and primary NICU nurse, Deb with the babies. And finally, a pic of mom and dad with all of the babies.

Kevin is going down to Creighton tomorrow to spend time with Carter until he comes home. I miss him dearly, and can't wait for him come home.

I know that some of you have called, and I apologize if I haven't called back yet. We are still trying to get the hang of things. We sooo appreciate all the gifts and calls, and love you all.

Oh, and just an FYI for those of you who live in the Sioux City area....Some of Kevin's classmates from high school and others in the area have come together and decided to put on a benefit dinner for our babies. It will be on Monday, March 9, from 4-8:00 pm at Maxine's Restaurant in Lawton. Tickets (available at the door) will be $10 or $25 per family (Kevin and I would get a hell of a deal if our kids were eating real food!). There will also be a silent auction. Come if you are available!

Love to you all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe how much the babies have grown in one month, or that they are coming home already! They look so sweet in the pictures, they've filled out so much and look healthy and ---- oh yeah ---- soooo cuddley!!!! I wanna hold an arm load of them, too!! I'm so praying for you all so that this big transition will go as best as it can. I am sending special prayers for Carter to get "squared away."
Many blessings and peaceful napping to you all,
Laurie Dreier

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I just wanted to tell you that your blog is like a gossip column to me. I have to check it every day to get the juicy new details! :) I'm hoping to come home soon and I would love to stop by if you would like a visitor! Just let me know!

Your wonderful cousin,
Jacki

Alicia B said...

I just wanted to say congrats! I have been checking your site now since I heard about it on the news. I had Dr Barsoom in Omaha also, he is such an awesome Doc!! I had problems with my pregnancy and was taken by ambulance from Sioux City last July. Our daughter is now 7 months old and I couldn't have gotten through the pregnancy without him!
She is our first and it has been a wonderful experience thus far. Congrats again, I look forward to watching them grow!!