Thursday, January 22, 2009

All is well

I figured it was time that I update you with information rather than just pictures. :)

Logan is back breathing just room air, so no more breathing tubes or CPAP machines! That is so awesome, I can't even tell you. They stopped his milk and formula feedings for a bit, but he is quickly catching up with his brothers in the food department.

All of the kids, except Logan, are off of their IVs. That's cool for a number of reasons, but for me it is just one more step towards their independence. I would guess that Logan will be done soon, too.

Yesterday they had sonograms done on their heads to see if there was any blood, and everything looked normal. YEAH Baby! Now we just have to get through the vision exam in a few weeks, and we'll be all good in the hood.

They are gaining weight, opening eyes, and wiggling more and more every day. When I am with them at the NICU, I get to take their temps and change their diapers. I think I will start to give them sponge baths soon, too. Tonight Carter pooped ALL OVER while I was changing him. It was pretty intense. Apparently, Seth is known for his gas among the nurses, too. Niiiice.

Before I was discharged from the hospital, my incision started leaking. They had to pack it and bandage it up good. Well, now it is infected, so I am now hooked up to a wound vac. Just when I thought I was done being hooked up to machines and pumps, this happens! They think it will take 3-4 weeks to heal with the help of the vac. I have to carry it around everywhere, too. I guess it could be worse....

I just heard that another set of quads were delivered in Omaha tonight (at Methodist Hospital). Their babies are small, so let's send some love and prayers their way. Good luck to their family!

Love and peace to you all.....

5 comments:

Bridget Koerner said...

What BEAUTIFUL Babies (You're looking good too!)!!! I'm so happy to hear things are still going well!

I showed some of these pics to the kids at the school I work at (Kindergarten/first graders), and they loved them! They had lots of questions about "all those wires," and thanks to your updates, I had somewhat of an explanation for them.
xoxo
Bridget

Bill and Mav said...

Kevin and Jessica,
Congratulations!
Four blessings at once. What an adventure.
Know that our prayers and good wishes go out to all of you.
Peace,
Bill

Anonymous said...

What precious little bundles!! I love tiny little babies!!! They look so tiny compared to your hands. I'm so happy for you guys. Isn't it incredible to think all 4 were in your tummy?!! What an amazing miracle. Love and continued prayers to you all :)
Jodi Lyle

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin & Jessica, I am Kevins cousin Lou Ann Martin from Puyallup, Wa. Congratulations!! You have truly been blessed. May God bless you and keep you all safe. May you enjoy wonderful experiences with your Fab Four every day. I am going to really enjoy reading this site. Take care, Love Lou Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jessica!

This is Pat, at the Membership meeting with Kevin and Kimberly. Kimberly was just oohing and ahhing over your offspring. I should write something really rude here, since this is on Kevin's computer. Anyways, we miss you here. -Pat

Hey there sister! It's Kimberly. They're beautiful and so sweet all bundled up! congratulations--- we'll be praying for your family and missing you! Peace dear one, K

Enough of this maternity leave crap! Get back to work, slacker!
I've been showing everyone here (Membership meeting) your blog. Most have no idea who you are, but they love your babies. Get used to it. There is nothing more important than those babies now. - Kevin F (2)