Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Bye Panel Pants







I was quite surprised this morning to find that I could fit back into my regular clothes. Of course, they don't fit the same, but that doesn't matter to me! It's the small things that really matter.

When Kevin was here this week, the babies primary nurse decided it was time to have our first full family picture. First we had Kevin holding all the babies, and then I took Logan and Carter for another picture. The other picture is Kevin and I taking a nap (obviously) in between feedings. While we don't really "feed" them, we prepare them for their feedings, and that is when we hold them, too.
The babies are all gaining weight regularly. Here are their current weights:
Seth is 3 pounds 10 ounces
Lily is 3 pounds 5 ounces
Logan is 3 pounds 9 ounces
Carter is 3 pounds 15 ounces
My incision is healing quite well. I still have the wound vac...they think it will be all healed in two more weeks. Woo hoo!
I want to take some time here to thank Heelan High School in Sioux City. This week they had a fundraiser, and the students chose our family to be the recipient of the funds raised. The project leader, Ms. Linda Guy, called me tonight to tell me that they will be presenting Kevin and I with a check for $700!! How incredibly awesome is that? We just can't thank them enough....seriously. All we can offer them right now is prayers of thanksgiving and blessing.
Well, it is time for me to get back to my darling babies.

1 comment:

Bill and Mav said...

Hello from Algona,
What joy radiating from your faces in the pictures. Good idea napping when the kids are. Such wisdom for new parents! These babies are fortunate to have been born into your care.
Blessings,
Bill and Mav