Monday, December 8, 2008

Back again...

Well, today I am blogging from my wonderful room at Creighton Medical Center. Sunday I had too many contractions, and wasn't feeling so hot, so the doc told me to come in. So Baby Brother and Kelly packed me up and off to the hospital we went. Originally I was just going to stay the night, but when I woke up, they told me I would be staying for two more nights!

My ultrasound showed some more cervical change, and so they changed the plan. They gave me one of two steroid shots (to help the babies' lungs grow quicker) and put me on a terbutaline pump (like an insulin pump only bigger and less cool) to give me medicine slowly through the day to stop contractions. I haven't had another contraction since they started me on meds, but this pump thing makes me shaky as all get out (what does that phrase even mean?). I can't say I'm fond of it, but it's all for the babies.

I am sorry that I missed my cousin Michael's Confirmation on Sunday. I was his sponsor, so here's a little Holy Spirit shout out to you, Michael! :)

Hopefully my next blog will be from Philip and Kelly's, and my hands won't be so darn shaky!!!
Love to you all.

4 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Jessica, We will certainly keep praying for you and your bundles of joy! We just finished our morning prayers, and the children are journaling (as am I:D). I want you to know how important you are to the second graders. When they pray, you and the babies are always mentioned immediately after "Scott's pigeons". Apparantly, one of Scott's pigeons was attacked by a hawk--not pretty...LOVE and PRAYERS--Dee Dee

Sarah said...

I like how you are blaming your "shakes" on the new meds. Has anyone talked to you about withdrawal symptoms?? Is there something you have not been telling us?

Jillian E Frideres said...

I like how you come after Scott´s pigeons! Hilarious!.....anyway, I do hope you get to go back to Phil´s today. That would mean you are back on track, right? Keep taking care of yourself, and keep us posted, OK? Selfishly, I can´t wait to see some pictures of the little darlings, but I do hope they all hold on as long as possible for THEIR sakes! :)
Love, Jill and family

Unknown said...

take care of yourself sweetie! those babies need to bake just a little longer :)