Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Four Ring Circus

I don't know what has gotten into these kids of mine, but today they think that they have free reign of my belly. This morning they weren't moving a lot, and so I decided to lay down for a bit and stretch out. That was the beginning...They haven't stopped moving since. Even as I type, I can see four parts of my belly moving at once. They aren't just kicking, either, they are flipping, turning, and doing whatever else it is they are doing!

The terbutaline pump thing they gave me is doing it's job. I was having 3 contractions an hour when I monitored in the morning and afternoon. Now I am having 0 to one, which is awesome. The only real issue I have been having is accidentally ripping out the catheter from my thigh. I even super tape it up, so I don't know what I am doing wrong! I am slowing getting used to poking myself to hook up the site. I didn't realize that I would see so many needles in pregnancy!

We finally got some snow here in Council Bluffs, and it is pretty. However, I hope that it doesn't affect the roads. My in-laws are coming this weekend, and I want to see them!!

Today we are 27 weeks....my second major goal for the babies is to make it to 28 Weeks. Babies tend to have less major problems after that mark. My doctor told me the other day that every day the babies are in the uterus is equal to 3 days in the NICU. That makes every day feel like a triumph.

3 comments:

Laurie D. said...

Hello Jessica, I'm so happy that you have almost reached the 28 week mark! That is awesome! I have been thinking about you all and keeping you in prayer, especially during this Advent season of hopeful waiting and expectation. Keep on being patient and enjoying the acrobatics as best you can.

Jillian E Frideres said...

Congrats on the 27-week mark! Isn´t it fun to watch your belly move and have limbs pushing out? I think it´s what I miss the most!!

Tina Malm said...

Jessica(Quad Mama),
The weather better to hold out we are to come and terorrize you Ashley and Hope are getting excited as are the rest of us to see so pray we don't get the next storm to tomorrow. I have all kinds of reading material for you to read and coupons to look at.
Tina