Monday, December 1, 2008

Never Alone

Sure, I spend my days not seeing another face until around 4pm, but I am certainly never alone.

Saturday night I woke up at like 3am with some severe acid reflux. I sat up in bed and waited for it to subside, and after a few minutes laid back down. I was afraid to go back to sleep, lest it return, so I just laid there, awake. You might think I would get restless, but the babies were moving so much that it kept me entertained until I felt like the stomach upset was gone.

Maybe there will come a time when I get sick of all the movement, but for right now, it is keeping me company while I am in hiding--or on bed rest; you pick. It is fun trying to figure out which one is moving and noticing when the other babies move to fight back (in a loving way, of course).

Thanksgiving was nice. My in-laws came and spent the day here on Wednesday, and Kevin was able to stay until about 3pm on Thursday. We went to my sister-in-law's mom's house for dinner, and of course it was delicious. Then Mom and Rick came on Friday and stayed until Sunday. Kelly and mom did some hard core Christmas baking with my supervision from the recliner. I dipped the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, so I felt like I contributed. We played some Monopoly, too, which was awesome. I totally lost, but it was super fun anyway!

The best part of the holiday was waking up to the first snow on Sunday morning. I love snow. It makes everything look beautiful.

1 comment:

Bridget Koerner said...

I love the snow too! I love how everything sounds outside after a thick blanket of snow has been laid down...all muffled and such:)

I'm glad to hear things are going well, and that you have plenty of company during your bed rest!