Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve Eve


Today is one of my favorite days of the year. It is before the official "holiday," but you can still act like it is the real deal. In school you slacked off and made the teachers totally nuts, in college you were on break and were at home hanging with the family, and in real life you spend your day chatting with coworkers about holiday plans, eat holiday treats, and leave work early (if you aren't on bed rest, that is). I love it.


The greatest thing about this year, for me, is that I can eat all I want, GUILT FREE! Sure, I get full fast, but there is always more food when it settles!


Today we have officially made it to 28 Weeks. Totally awesome. I had an appointment today where they do a biophysical exam. In this they look for practice breathing, movement, and tone. All four babies passed, so we are good to go. However, my UA showed 2+ protein (at 4+ I will be in the hospital until the end). They sent me to the lab to run a few more tests just to make sure all is good. Apparently, in high order multiple pregnancies, pre eclampsia shows up in lab work before the blood pressure rises. (Interesting useless fact for you all).


I am having about 2 contractions an hour, so the meds are doing their job. We want to make it four more weeks, baby!


Kevin will be here for Christmas Eve and Day, and then he has to go back to Sioux City for work. My family is coming to Omaha this weekend for our Christmas. I can't wait to see my adorable nieces! I am looking forward to cheesy potatoes the most.


The picture at the top are of my cousins, the Schultes. They all came over to visit last night, and brought their little toddlers. There were three total, and I am not sure how I will handle four after seeing these kids. I am sure God knows something that I don't. Well, He better, anyway.


Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Chris Weber said...

Was going to email you to say congrats on 28 weeks, but I don't have your email in my phone. So… congrats & Meery Christmas to you & yours!
-Chris weber

Tina Malm said...

Congrats on 28 week mark,keep up the good work your doing, I love the hair cut by hte way it looks really nice.Merry Christmas!!!!

Love,
Tina and family

Tina Malm said...

28 weeks, that's great! Have a very Merry Christmas, we'll see you soon!

Love,
Julie and family

Paula said...

Great news!!! 28 weeks... seems like just yesterday we heard about the quads and now the time is drawing ever nearer. I can't imagine 4 babies kicking and flipping around. One at a time was enough for me. Love the haircut too! Sure miss having you around but I have a feeling I'll get to see you a lot after the fab four make their appearance. Take care!!
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Awesome job getting to 28 weeks!! I remember that when I delivered my triplets at 34.5 weeks, all the nurses kept commenting on how I did a great job. My comment was "I didn't do anything". They would say, "Exactly!!". Who knew that doing a great job for the biggest event in your life would be to just to do nothing!
Keep it up and you will be holding those little ones before you know it. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Michon Wiederin
Triplet Mom